Summary of Duties: Responsible for collecting, posting and managing account payments. Responsible for submitting claims and following up with insurance companies.
Supervision Received: Reports to Billing Lead or Billing Manager
- Prepares and submits clean claims to various insurance companies either electronically or by paper.
- Answers questions from patients, clerical staf and insurance companies.
accountsfor possible assignment and makesrecommendations to the Billing Supervisor.
- Performs various collection actions including contacting patients by phone, correcting and resubmitting claims to third party payers.
- Participates in educational activities and attends monthly staf meetings.
- Conducts self in accordance with the RRS employee manual.
- Maintains strict confidentiality; adheres to all HIPAA guidelines/regulations.
- Knowledge of medical billing/collection practices.
- Knowledge of computer programs.
- Knowledge of business office procedures.
- Knowledge of basic medical coding and third-party operating procedures and practices.
- Ability to operate a computer and basic office equipment.
- Ability to operate a multi-line telephone system.
- Skill in answering a telephone in a pleasant and helpful manner.
- Ability to read, understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, employees and the public.
- Must be well organized and detail-oriented.
Environmental/Working Conditions: Normal office environment. Occasional overtime may be required and/or hours may be shortened as business needs dictate.
Physical Demands: Requires sitting and standing associated with a normal office environment. Manual dexterity needed for using a calculator and computer keyboard.
This description is intended to provide only basic guidelines for meeting job requirements. Responsibilities, skills and working conditions may change as needs evolve.